My work with clients is underpinned
- I have extensive experience working in private practice, where I continue to help clients to recover from substance abuse, trauma, personality disorders, anxiety, depression, ADD and ADHD, co-dependency and other relationship challenges.
- I have also worked in a prestigious psychiatric facility in Sydney for 8 years, where I facilitated both inpatient and outpatient addiction recovery groups. Along with addictions groups, I facilitated psycho-education sessions for family members of patients suffering from substance abuse disorder.
- I have undergone my own psychotherapy (how else would I know what it’s like to sit in your chair?), and I am constantly updating and deepening my knowledge through annual training and regular supervision.
- I am well versed in the modalities of Schema Therapy (ST), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness Based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (MBCBT) and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).
- I have a special interest in Attachment Theory and how it informs the way we relate to each other as adults.
- I hold a Bachelor of Counselling and am a Clinical Member of the Psychotherapist and Counsellors Federation of Australia (PACFA).
“The privilege of a life time