My work with clients is underpinned
- I have extensive experience working in private practice, where I continue to help clients to recover from substance abuse, trauma, personality disorders, anxiety, depression, ADD and ADHD, co-dependency and other relationship challenges.
- I have also worked in a prestigious psychiatric facility in Sydney for 8 years, where I facilitated both inpatient and outpatient addiction recovery groups. Along with addictions groups, I facilitated psychoeducation sessions for family members of patients suffering from substance abuse disorder.
- I have undergone my own psychotherapy (how else would I know what it’s like to sit in your chair?), and I am constantly updating and deepening my knowledge through annual training and regular supervision.
- I am well versed in the modalities of Schema Therapy (ST), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (MBCBT).
- I have a special interest in Attachment Theory and how it informs the way we relate to each other as adults.
- I hold a Bachelor of Counselling and am a Clinical Member of the Psychotherapist and Counsellors Federation of Australia (PACFA).
“The privilege of a life time